Sunday, November 8, 2009

Raising the Bar~ Applying to Harvard

An interesting little op/ed using some of that pesky math again...  Anyway, worth the read.

I've apparently been in the active 'applying to Harvard' category for the last year.  No wonder jobhunting been difficult.  I didn't even bother to apply there for my undergrad, well, because I knew I didn't have a snowball's chance in hell.  I guess I've raised my expectations of myself.  ha ha!

CNN: Getting A Job Like Getting Into Harvard

Check out the  shadowstats.com charts (hotlinked for current numbers)
As of today, U3-10.2   Current U6 = 17.7%

Chart of U.S. Unemployment


Good luck for all those currently experiencing Funemployment.
Some other Econo-Geek tidbits for those of you who have not discovered John Williams' shadowstats site:

Chart of U.S. Money Supply Growth

Chart of Growth in U.S.Gross Domestic Product (GDP)

Chart of U.S. Consumer Inflation (CPI)

Chart of U.S. Consumer Inflation (CPI)

Chart of U.S.Dollar Indices

Don't spend a *dime* if it is going to contribute to any debt for you.  Get out of debt NOW, whatever it takes.

No comments: